Retiring as an Illinois teacher has many components. Do you have them all covered?
- If you still have some years left, are you saving for retirement in the best way?
- If you’re married, have you coordinated retirement strategies and timing with your spouse?
- Have you researched and decided on your AAI pension refund selection?
- But most importantly: what does retirement look like for you, and does it have a deliberate design?
As an AbbVie employee, have you maximized your benefits to secure your best future?
- Understand the AbbVie 401(k), Deferred Income and Pension plans and how to maximize your savings and investment options.
- Have you selected the best group insurance options for you and your family?
- How to use the various AbbVie stock plans to grow your wealth and retire on your timeline.
If you’re nearing retirement, you might want to read our (almost) complete guide:
- Learn how your psychology affects the retirement transition and how best to prepare.
- How should you design your portfolio for retirement?
- When to take Social Security and avoiding being left without health insurance through simple Medicare mistakes.
- Understanding if you need Long Term Care insurance and how not to run out of money in retirement.
If you have a pension and are planning to retire soon, here’s some things to know:
- How pension elections fit into an overall financial plan.
- What happens to your pension if your company goes bankrupt?
- What is “pension maximization” and how can you take advantage of it.
- How to modify your investment portfolio if you have a pension that will meet most of your retirement income needs.